Welllllllllllllll, I kind of knew this week would be a doozie, but…woof. Glad tomorrow’s Friday. And I’m working from home. Small victories. I honestly don’t know that my back could take another day sitting in my office chair. I started off the week with lunchtime walks, but by mid-week, the days became a blur of chaos. I’m glad the weekend is nearly here.
Highlight of the week: got my COVID vaccine! My arm is a little achy, but just like I shared on my Instagram stories – I’m yet to grow a horn, a tail, or a 3rd nipple. A few people were a bit worried about me so I just wanted to report back 😉
The week was spent with heavy use of the Instant Pot, per your request to start 2021 and in pursuit of mastering the device. I must say, I use it more than I ever thought I would. And the whole air fryer + Instant Pot duo, so wise. So, so wise. My girls have even shown a bit of interest in dinner prep.
Is it the food? Nah. Boredom? Unlikely. I think they miss me after an extended holiday break, or at least that’s what I’m telling myself! Shea and I have this new bedtime snuggle routine: rock, paper, scissors. I’m undefeated.
My littles are still eating like birds at dinner and I think they’ve become less accepting of what I call “combination foods”. That is, they like the noodles separate from the chicken which is not touching the vegetable. Sigh. This is not the way I do things. Meals like that kind of stress me out, even though I’m quite proficient around the kitchen. I like it all together – eeeeeeeeasy.
THAT SAID, my little chicks inhaled this meal. They loved the honey roasted peanuts (however, I’ll be swapping in dry roasted the next time I make this dish, but to each their own), they love rotisserie chicken (always), and the heat was just enough. There weren’t even grumbles about the cilantro or green onion because this dish…MONEY and lucky for me, they figured that out quickly and effortlessly! For a change!
- 10 oz dry linguini
- 3 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 lb shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once at a rolling boil, cook pasta 7-9 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the large pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over the cooked linguine in the pot; set over low heat; toss to coat.
- Add shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and chicken; heat chicken through and allow veggies to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in half of chopped cilantro, green onions, and peanuts, reserving the other half for serving. Serve warm.
Recipe slightly adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: scant 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 16.2gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 884mgCarbohydrates: 56.2gFiber: 4.5gSugar: 17.3gProtein: 31.8g
Looking for some similar-ish flavors? Look no further!
- 30-Minute Thai Green Curry Tofu
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Bowls
- Pad See Ew
- Spicy Thai Noodles with Tofu
- Peanut Sauce Rice Noodles with Tofu and Veggies
- Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup