Woof. What a week. I had a bed mate (Piper) 2 nights ago and this morning woke up to the dreaded, “Mommy my tummy hurts.” And let’s just say…she wasn’t lying. The worst.
We were at the soccer fields until 8:10pm last and this will be our Thursday evening gig the next 6 weeks as Shea plays her first soccer season.
Spring 2022, be kind. Kinder than you have been. I’ve been wanting to work on my use of saying “no” for many years now and I’m finally being forced into it. I hate it, but there’s only so many hours in the day. And I only have 2 hands.
Hopefully Piper rebounds because leaving for the bulk of the weekend for a hockey tournament doesn’t sit well if she’s still hugging the toilet bowl. Poor babe! And of course the weather is projected to be 78 and sunny the only day this year I’ll be in an ice rink all day. I’m pointing out the irony, not complaining 😉
It’s because one of my closest friends from hockey is coming in for the tournament this weekend…and he lives in Florida. And his blood has thinned. And he hates Michigan. Blah blah blah. Glad we could accommodate his needs this weekend!
I know we’re quickly heading for summer and away from slow cooker season, but I’m nearing mid-way through EVERY WEEKEND being packed, and soccer season in full gear, and the madness that is the end of the school year…and mama is going to have to throw herself a bone here. Quick, easy, simple, and of course, something my family will enjoy.
Admittedly, I don’t use my slow cooker as often as I’d like but forever and always one of my favorite slow cooker meals has been and will always be: chicken tacos. Lean chicken breasts are basically impossible to over-cook and as far as I’m concerned, the longer the better, so that slow cook creates incredibly tender, juicy chicken that will take on the flavors its cooked with. This green chile spin was a winner amongst my crew!
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 8 oz canned diced green chiles
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 16 corn tortillas
- 4 oz crumbled queso fresco
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pour the enchilada sauce and diced chiles on top.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook for 8-10 hours on LOW.. After cooking, remove chicken to a cutting board and shred between two forks.
- Drain all but about 1 cup of liquid from the slow cooker; stir in the cream cheese and yogurt. Place the lid on top for 2-3 minutes to soften and mix easily. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and mix well and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken in the tortillas, topped with queso fresco, avocado, and cilantro.
Recipe slightly adapted from Recipe Runner
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 16.9gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 793mgCarbohydrates: 30.6gFiber: 5.8gSugar: 4.6gProtein: 42.0g
Looking for more slow cooker recipe gems?
- Slow Cooker Italian Bolognese Sauce
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Summer Chili
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken