We tried to start the weekend early with live music, an evening swim, and dinner at the pool on Thursday. However, a dark rain cloud moved in over the lake and within a matter of minutes, we were caught in a monsoon (perhaps only a slight exaggeration). It was crazzzzzy.
Piper took cover inside the building while the rest of us cowered under the outdoor bar overhang, attempting to stay dry. I’m not even gunna lie…I was using someone else as a human shield. It was NUTS. By the time Mark braved the elements to get our pool bag from the pool area, it had 2 inches of water in the bottom and his (very old) Kindle was a goner.
Friday was a status quo day, but a beautiful one after the storms. Mark and I had asked the girls if they wanted to boat in the late afternoon for an hour or two…or if they wanted to stay at camp. We were a bit surprised that they said they wanted to stay at camp, but we snuck out for a very brief out and back with a few quick chapters of my book thoroughly enjoyed.
Friday night, my college friend, Kelly, arrived from St. Louis. We had a fancy meal of Jets pizza (ha!) and got caught up after too long! Saturday was on to a blueberry waffle breakfast and a long, fun day in the sun at the beach. We were thankful Mother Nature cooperated after all! The evening was spent with Kelly and Mark, sans kids, in downtown St. Joe, doing all the social district things with lots of live music options and after a long wait, a table outdoors at one of the breweries.
Today was spent brunchin’ and blueberry pickin’! I don’t even know how many pounds we picked today, but some were delivered to friends and Kelly went back with lots to enjoy!
At hockey tonight, Mark and I were standing around talking to some of the guys about blueberries and fruit picking in general and I said, “Next up is peaches!” to which one of the guys responded, “See, Brett. This is what you have to look forward to in marriage: fruit picking!” I mean, HEY! I love some good fruit and man, does this fun, quick recipe feature peaches perfectly! I’m always a sucker for the sweet-savory combo! 😉
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chiffonade-cut basil
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Brush naan with olive oil on both sides. Grill top side down for 3-4 minutes or until slightly charred. Remove from grill.
- Place cheese on naan in a single layer, then top with peaches.
- Return naan to the grill and reduce heat to medium-low. Grill for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and peaches are tender.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic and top with fresh basil.
Recipe adapted from Hello Glow
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 naan pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 27.gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 823mgCarbohydrates: 52.8gFiber: 4.3gSugar: 13.0gProtein: 21.0g
Want to enjoy the grill more while the season is upon up? SAME!
- Grilled Coconut and Pineapple Sweet Chile Shrimp
- Grilled California Avocado Chicken
- Pesto Steak and Chicken Kebabs
- Spiced Salmon Kebabs
- Grilled Zucchini Goat Cheese Boats
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Vegetable Panzanella
- Honey Mustard Chicken Kebabs
Weekly Menu: July 24th – 28th
- Sunday: leftover waffles, chicken sausage, blueberries
- Monday: BBQ Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- Tuesday: Pesto Salmon, rice, Roasted Broccoli Salad with Cranberries, Farro, and Feta
- Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Skewer Salad
- Thursday: out for dinner/Book Club